RCDL 2005 was held at the Yaroslavl State University located in the city of Yaroslavl founded almost one thousands years ago around 300 kilometers from Moscow. Yaroslavl proudly bears the nickname of "a pearl" in the Golden Ring of ancient Russian cities.
April 30, 2021.
For the third time conference was collocated with Russian Information Retrieval Evaluation Seminar (ROMIP). This annual event summarizes the independent evaluation of text retrieval systems during a year (this initiative is similar to TREC, SUMMAC or CLEF).
Another interesting collocated workshop was organized by Yandex (company running well-known Russian Web information retrieval system) In 2004 - 2005 the Yandex company has established a stipend to support a scientific researches in the areas related to Web. The results of these research projects were reported at this collocated workshop.
The following sessions formed the conference program:
- The distributed infrastructures for collective repositories of the information
- Techniques of integration of resources and services
- Application of ontological models
- Projects of digital libraries
- Semantics of data
- Digital collections for science, culture and education
- Methods of ranging of documents, clustering and training
- Models of information representation
- Methods of information retrieval
- Organization and processing of multimedia content
- Scientific problems and techniques for their solving.
Thanks to the activity of Andreas Rauber, a liaison between ECDL and RCDL has been established, including exchange of PC members of the respective conferences in 2005.