The Third All-Russian Conference "Digital Libraries: Advanced Methods and Technologies, Digital Collections" was held in Petrozavodsk, Russia on September 11-13, 2001. The venues of the Conference were the "White Springs" hotel standing on the ourskirts of Petrozavodsk, near Lake Onega and the main building of the Karelian Research Centre of RAS.
April 22, 2022.
Over 109 extended abstracts were submitted for reviewing. Final conference program included:
- 3 keynote presentations:
- Digital library interoperability with the open archives initiative by T. Krichel.
- Digital Libraries in Education: State of the Art by L. Kalinichenko
- XML Platform Standards and Databases by M. Kogalovsky
- invited lectures:
- Developing Means for International Collaboration in the Creation of Digital Libraries for Education by D. Fulker and Alex Ushakov
- ADEPT: Core middleware search and client services by Terence Smith and Alex Ushakov
- 42 panel presentations
- 24 posters
The program included also a Round Table on the problems of digital libraries for oriental studies.
Panel sessions dealt with the following problems:
- Methodological issues of creating DL in science.
- Integration of heterogeneous information collections
- Dictionaries an thesauri
- Multilingual data access
- Digital libraries in education
- Technological aspects
- Search methods and algorithms
- Thematic data collections (I)
- Thematic data collections (II)
- Electronic publishing
- Digital collections in traditional libraries
All Conference presentations provoked much interest among the participants. Particularly noteworthy were the keynote presentations by L. Kalinichenko (Institute of Computer Science Problems of RAS), M. Kogalovsky (Market Economy Institute of RAS), invited lectures by David Fulker (University Corp. for Atmospheric Research, USA) and Alex Ushakov (Alexandria digital library, USA).